You should check out whatrumors.com, it is a celebrity wiki that seems to get a little more traffic.
celebrity.wikia.com founder is leaving Edit
Hello, I'm Tin, the original founder of this celebrity.wikia.com, Please Dcba-25, take the founder badge here, I'm leaving. Thank all members for all the content. I did not do anything here lately and leaving. Good bye.
When will you be releasing the protection? Edit
Hi, wanted to edit some pages, but you have them protected?
When will you be releasing this?
- Most of them are only protected against anonymous editing as an anti-vandalism measure - If you create an account and log-in, you'll be able to edit them. Dcba-25 20:34, 1 January 2009 (UTC)
I am sorry if I broke the rules - thought pictures were okay? Is there a set of rule somewhere so I can make sure I don't break the rules again? C4Zed 06:42, 17 March 2009 (UTC)
- Sorry again - didn't realise the picture would be obscene. I will be more careful in future. Have to look and see if I can find a screengrab from the show which will be okay. C4Zed 18:54, 17 March 2009 (UTC)
Thanks for the welcome! Edit
Your stuff is great - you obviously know a lot about magic and people who have been in it. What was your favourite magic performance that you have seen? C4Zed 06:37, 19 March 2009 (UTC)
- That's a tough one, as I've got memories going back to the mid-1970s - But the two "stand-out" performances that really had an impact on me are probably the first time I saw Doug Henning do the double sawing on one of his TV specials back in the '70s, and the first time I saw Blackstone Jr do the Buzz Saw on the Paul Daniels Show, when they zoomed in and you could see the girl's skin rippling as the saw cut through it. Dcba-25 20:41, 24 March 2009 (UTC)
New Answers SiteEdit
The Celebrity Answers site launched today. All celebrity-related questions from Wikianswers are being moved there. If you have enabled the Wikianswers widget, you'll now see questions about celebrities taken from this new site instead of from the Central Wikianswers site. If you would like to customize the widget, you can edit the text at MediaWiki:Answers widget user note. You'll find more help with the widget at Help:Wikianswers widget. If you'd like to be involved and be an admin at Celebrity Answers, please let me know on my talk page there. Angela (talk) 05:00, May 12, 2010 (UTC)
Ad free Edit
Hi! Would you like this wiki to be ad-free? I'm looking for wikis to be part of a new program which would remove all ads from the wiki for $19.95/month.
Cheers for welcome Edit
Hey thanks for the welcome, can you just let me know how this wikia differs from Wikipedia in terms of the coding when it comes to things like ref tags? Regards,
Hello, I am Manic X, the founder of Acting Wiki (acting.wikia.com). I have looked over your site and find it very impressive. My wiki is fairly new and at its basic stages. I was wondering if you would be willing to help me get it a bit more active if you have the time. I would also be willing to advertise your wiki on my site. Thank you and look forward to hearing from you. Manic X 20:18, March 20, 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks for the compliment! Although I'm quite busy with this wiki and other sites I'm involved in, I could probably help out from time to time with advice and that kind of thing. I've had a quick look at your wiki, and although it is quite clearly in the early stages, there's certainly potential there. In fact, there's currently exactly the same number of pages there (51) as there was here when I took over as admin (I'm not the original founder here, but adopted the site and was given admin powers after the original founder abandoned it several years ago), so it probably gives you some idea of what you can achieve given a little work. One bit of advice I will give you right now is that it's a lot harder than you think to attract other contributors - especially ones of value - And you may find you spend more time fighting the trolls and vandals than you do thanking the valuable contributors! But if you do have any questions or problems, I'm sure I can help answer a few of them, or at least point you to where you may find the answer, so don't be afraid to ask. Dcba-25 01:33, March 22, 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks for the reply. I have only five members at the moment and only one of them contributes often, and as been as my site is realtively new, I wasn't expecting any members at all for a while. I myself struggle to find time to edit my site and so I welcome any help you give at anytime no mater how small. Considering how small your wiki was then, to how it is now, it is very good. Thanks for your time. Manic X 09:53, March 24, 2012 (UTC)
- I think the most important thing for you at this stage is to attract new members by raising awareness of your wiki. In order to do this, I think the best thing you could do is get the pages you already have up to the stage where you're really happy with them and they can act as examples of what you want from the wiki. Make sure there's a few big-name celebrities in the pages you have, and then start to advertise your wiki. To do that, you need to find places where you can post links to it. One good place for that could be IMDb, and if you don't already have a free members account there, it's worth getting one. You can then go to the entries for some of the bigger celebrities and post links to the pages about them you have on your wiki in the "miscellaneous" section of their IMDb entry. There's lots of other sites that rely on user contributions for their content, and many of them have sections where you can add links to external websites. If you join those sites as well, you can also post links to you wiki on them too. And you can also post links in forums devoted to various celebrities, or to shows that they appear in, and maybe get some new members from them as well. Getting new members does take a lot of work, but once you have them and they start contributing, you'll probably find that you have new pages being added very quickly. Dcba-25 15:19, March 27, 2012 (UTC)
Please edit this page to remove the incorrect information in the personal life section:
Please see this site for proof that your page is incorrect - http://blog.moneysavingexpert.com/2010/06/15/just-found-out-ive-a-daughter-called-hannah/ 18.104.22.168 11:51, June 6, 2012 (UTC)
Lara Lewis page needs edits Edit
Please edit the incorrect information from this page.
It claims the couple have a child called Hannah - this is not true.
The couple just announced this year that they are pregnant with their first child
Please see this national newspaper story - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2153184/Moneysaving-millionaire-Martin-Lewis-sells-Moneysavingexpert-Moneysupermarket-87m.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
"They married in 2009 and live in north-west London. Yesterday he revealed his 33-year-old wife is pregnant with their first child."
Editing Content Edit
Please can you tell me how I can get in touch with you regarding incorrect information on one of your celebrity pages. We need to get it amended. Do you have a contact number or e-mail address please.22.214.171.124 00:25, August 6, 2012 (UTC)
- Sorry, but due to past abuse and threats via e-mail from a rather obnoxious group of people who think they know everything there is to know about a certain subject that some of the pages here touch on, I don't give out my e-mail address or other contact details. As a result, this page here, or the talk pages of the individual articles, are the places to contact me. Which page(s) are you talking about? Dcba-25 (talk) 15:39, August 6, 2012 (UTC)
- The following page about Cat Deeley includes various bits of incorrect information. I can provide you with an alternative biography, how is best to go about this?Thanks,Victoria126.96.36.199 21:56, August 6, 2012 (UTC)http://celebrity.wikia.com/wiki/Cat_Deeley
- Which bits do you think are incorrect, and how can you be sure that they are? Dcba-25 (talk) 01:09, August 7, 2012 (UTC)
So I'm not really sure why you reverted all my changes. All those red links really look bad for the page, and it doesn't do a whole lot for the wiki if you just copy and paste information straight from Wikipedia. I was merely trying to make the page look better.Carrieunderwoodfanforlife (talk) 00:53, August 23, 2012 (UTC)
- First of all, all you have done is copy and paste from your own Carrie Underwood fan wiki, so you can't really criticise someone for copying and pasting from somewhere else, can you? Also, your version does not have a neutral point of view, containing phrases like "Known for her beauty, kind heart, and dedication to music, Carrie has earned herself a loyal fanbase since winning American Idol. She's also taken her place in the history books." That is an opinion from a fan, not a verifiable fact, and so contains obvious bias that others may disagree with. Articles here must, as much as possible, have a neutral point of view, and comments such as that do not meet that criteria. Also, your article on her is, in my opinion, quite poorly written compared to the Wikipedia version, which is used here as a basis for further future edits and, as time passes, will begin to differ from that version. And I also took issue with you using links to your own wiki in the article, which had the effect of diverting visitors from this wiki to there. How would you feel if someone posted stuff on your wiki that was apparently designed to steal visitors away to other wikis? You are perfectly free to post things like that on your own fan wiki dedicated to Carrie, but they have no place here, and that is why I reverted your changes. Dcba-25 (talk) 10:20, August 23, 2012 (UTC)
Lol. I'm not even going to argue with you, because I can tell from your attitude it's not worth it. But think about this: I've had to do my whole wiki by myself without help, and you've had people helping you. Good luck and have a blessed day! ;)Carrieunderwoodfanforlife (talk) 20:23, August 23, 2012 (UTC)
My apologies for your trouble. The last thing I want to do is make more work for you. I will definitely follow those instructions you left for me. I appreciate the work that you do, and thanks for pointing out my error. Miggled232 (talk) 21:18, January 1, 2013 (UTC)
Incorrect Information on Alicia Witt page Edit
Hi, I'm hoping you can help.
On my wikia celebrity page, http://celebrity.wikia.com/wiki/Alicia_Witt there are a number of things that have been submitted and accepted by wikia that are untrue. I was advised at wikia support to contact you directly, as my page is protected from editing and I canot correct it myself.
These items are not listed anywhere else on the web of note (wikipedia or imdb) and I'm hoping you can delete them, as they are unfounded.
1) I have never been married. It states i met a nathan foulger in 1999 and was married to him in 2003 and that altho I'm married i don't wear a wedding ring. There is even a message board on imdb that nathan himself responded to eventually, to set the record straight http://boardreader.com/thread/Does_Alicias_husband_Nathan_Foulger_actu_nlbqX2tvtuq.html.
We dated from 2001 to 2006 and were never married. I have never been married.
2) I never turned down the role of mary-jane in the spiderman films. This is a very old internet rumor and completely unfounded. I auditioned for it with tobey maguire, along with mena suvari, jamie king and others, but i was not offered the role.
3) There is an utterly absurd trivia entry about me having been sawed in 3 parts for a magic trick. Obviously someone realized it was too easy to add whatever they wanted to my wikia page and decided to have some fun with you.
If you need further proof, please refer to the reddit AMA (ask me anything) that i did a few months ago; i was asked about both the marriage rumor and the spiderman rumor and responded. http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/tuvwc/im_alicia_witt_actress_dune_cybill_friday_night/
Please respond and let me know if i can be of further assistance in clearing these up, or point me in the right direction of someone at wikia that can help me.
Thank you for your help.
- Hi, and thanks for the input.
- A lot of the pages here are locked against editing by unregistered users to stop people adding spam or vandalising them (usually by blanking the page and adding some silly text, or adding rude comments to the existing article). This only stops unregistered users from editing, and anyone who creates an account is then able to edit any page, with just a few exceptions that are set to "administrators only".
- Besides the vandals, I also do get a number of people contacting me claiming to be the official representative of some celebrity and demanding I make changes to their entry "or else". However, a little bit of investigation usually shows that they're just some rabid fan trying to get rid of anything they consider puts their favorite in a less than perfect light. As a result of this, I always run a few checks like looking at the area where their IP address is located, the language they use, etc. This shows up who's a fake and who's for real, and the fakes, when called out, usually go running never to be heard from again.
- In your case, I've got to say that you've passed the checks with flying colors, and so I don't have any doubt that you really are who you don't overtly say you are. By contacting me, rather than creating an account and trying to edit the page yourself, you've done exactly the right thing as that avoids any possible conflict of interest.
- So, as I'm 100% confident that you indeed are who I think you are, I've edited the page to remove the offending info. I've also moved the Superman bit to the "Trivia" section, editing it so that it debunks the myth.
- If there's any additional feedback you have on the article, I'd be interested to hear it as it is quite a bit out of date now, ending as it does around 2005.
- Dcba-25 (talk) 15:39, January 8, 2013 (UTC)
I'm sorry to add infoboxes but may I ask why exactly are infoboxes not allowed in this wiki? I just thought it could be a new feature here in this wiki for more detailed information. - PatTag2659, an Aviation fan (talk) 08:29, August 9, 2013 (UTC)
- Infoboxes may work fine on Wikipedia, but here the maximum available page width for content is only 600 pixels, and infoboxes take up too much space while preventing the larger header pictures I prefer. Also, the formatting of many of the pages has been designed to work without them. Plus, as the admin here, I don't personally like them - I prefer people to have to actually read the articles in order to find the info they want. Dcba-25 (talk) 13:22, August 9, 2013 (UTC)
Why are you restoring incorrect information? Edit
Hi - you've reverted some changes that I made. In each case, you're restoring incorrect information. I made the changes because the videos show the correct information.
Why are you restoring the incorrect information?
Hello Dcba-25, I am leaving you this message in hopes that you will consider permitting me to add some information to the article for Suzannah Lipscomb. In reading through her Wikipedia article yesterday, a great deal of edit warring came to my attention, which was clarified by the Talk page. Here, her mother Marguerite made a great many demands regarding removal of perfectly encyclopaedic- and, just as relevantly, publicly available- information, such as Lipscomb's middle names (publicly available in company records, university gazettes, etc online) and year of birth.
I see she has attempted to do much the same thing here. As I do not agree with censorship of harmless information at the whim of an article's subject, and seeing as Lipscomb's entry here appears to retain valid information since excised due to strongarming at Wikipedia, I thought it worth offering some of the information that ought to be on Wikipedia.
There is nothing scurrilous or harmful in any of the information I propose to add, lest it be thought that I am some kind of vengeful figure from her past or something (!); merely details of her parents' occupations (something included in virtually every Wikipedia article) and the fact that she has a brother.
- Thanks for the sensible offer. Editing protections on her page temporarily released. Dcba-25 (talk) 19:23, January 26, 2019 (UTC)
I disagree with the previous person who probably knows very well that Suzannah Lipscomb's wiki page was protected to protect it from this sort of security information being in the public domain. To identify that a person was a member of the Anti-Terrorist Squad is at best careless and at worst dangerous. There is also no reason why her father's police position is available either. There's only one person who would wish to make this information known and that's the ex-husband who knows perfectly well that she never used the name Lipscomb-Lawhead, yet still wishes to retain a little bit of reflected glory from her success. Apart from that, the page is woefully out of date seemingly stopping providing information in 2013.77.96.223.251 23:41, February 22, 2019 (UTC)
The information Veras11375 provides is so detailed that only an ex-partner who is indeed scurrilous and wishing to cause harm would keep insisting is added. It's not been allowed on Wikipedia so now he's trying to manipulate Celebrity Wiki. As an admin, please check out the references and you will see how much delving he's had to do to find 'proof' for his information. The subject admitted that she made a mistake in giving out police information once, and thus requested Wikipedia to remove it for the reasons mentioned, but details of the mother's maiden name and first married name, along with information about the grandfather are not in the public domain, at least not without an awful lot of digging (or prior knowledge) and it is information that Wikipedia has already refused to print.188.8.131.52 00:31, February 23, 2019 (UTC)
- Unlike Wikipedia, this site will not censor articles simply to satisfy one person (regardless of who they may be in relation to the subject of the article), and does not take kindly to speculative and potentially libellous accusations being made about other editors. We also do not delete information simply because it has also been removed from Wikipedia for whatever reason. In fact, two of the prime purposes of this site are to retain information that has been removed from Wikipedia for various reasons, and to uncover other information that they have not. If information can be found online (even if it requires a lot of digging, detective work or deductive reasoning), has been published in a printed source, or broadcast on the media at any time, it is definitely allowed here. Intimidatory or threatening behaviour and making accusations about other editors may work on Wikipedia, but will not work here. Dcba-25 (talk) 01:26, March 2, 2019 (UTC)
Hi Dcba-25, I was wondering if it'd be possible for me to create an article for Ophelia Lovibond, an English actress who's been in a fair few things (Guardians of the Galaxy, Elementary etc) and regarding whose family background there is a lot of obfuscation in articles (mainly because her father is a journalist who's been influential in promoting UKIP and the BNP, according to his son) and which, of course, Wikipedia won't allow because the sources don't all meet their allegedly exacting standards. Being an inclusionist this kind of mentality doesn't really work as far as I'm concerned, so just thought I'd run this past you in case it was an option; thanks!
Not sure about that, as some of the UKIP and BNP lot can be a bit funny about things. I spend long enough here as it is fighting spam and vandalism, so don't want to be having to cope with them as well. So I think we'd maybe better pass on that one for now. Dcba-25 (talk) 16:19, August 3, 2019 (UTC)